Deadline has been extended to May 15 !!
2020 Application – $3,000 Scholarship
The Milton Garden Club is now accepting applications for the Milton Garden Club High School Scholarship. The number of scholarships awarded is based on the number of qualified applicants.
• Applicants must be graduating high school seniors pursuing post-secondary education and legal residents of Sussex County, Delaware.
• Applicants must demonstrate a commitment to the study of landscape and ornamental horticulture; plant science including sustainable landscapes, production horticulture, plant pathology, plant biology and genetics, soils and environmental quality; landscape design and architecture; agribusiness marketing and management or another similar related field.
• Applicants will be judged on the following criteria:
1. Financial need
2. Scholastic Achievement
3. Community service, leadership and activities in and out of school
4. Application appearance, organization and completeness
The application deadline is APRIL 30, 2020. The completed application package should be returned to the school guidance office or mailed to: Milton Garden Club, Inc.,
c/o Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 203, Milton, DE 19968 and must be postmarked no later than May 15, 2020.
MILTON GARDEN CLUB HIGH SCHOOL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION
Please type or print clearly.
High School Attending_______________________________________
Academic Average through Junior Year__________________________
Current Year average_________________________________________
Expected program of study and school you plan to attend____________
Please attach the following to this application:
• School transcript with current senior grades
• A one-page typed essay describing your current studies, community service and school involvement. Include your future plans as they relate to horticulture, plant science, agriculture or related studies.
• A financial need statement not to exceed one page. Include an explanation of your need for a scholarship that includes any forms of financial assistance, scholarships or grants you expect to receive.
• Attach three letters of recommendation from adults with personal knowledge of your school or community activities. One of these letters should be from a teacher or a member of the high school faculty.
A complete copy of your application must be mailed no later than April 30, 2020 to:
Milton Garden Club, Inc., c/o Scholarship Committee, P.O. Box 203. Milton,